Global Shores Life Coaching and Counseling services focus on creating a transformative vision of how you want your life to be and helps you get there.
Julia Loren offers profound insights and compassionate counseling techniques gained over 20 years of counseling individuals, couples and families around the world. She is a Master Coach as well as an approved counselor supervisor in Washington State and has overseen several multi-cultural programs and trained trainers through the years. She has specific expertise in body image (redesigning relationships with food, substances, and self); adoption triad issues; individual and family crisis; acute stress due to natural disasters and war; and the concerns of ex-pats/NGO personnel and military families.
Julia has a Masters in Marriage & Family Counseling (Seattle Pacific University). She is a licensed professional mental health counselor in Florida and Washington State and National Board certified. She also offers life coaching and beach walk and talk sessions.
Extensive therapeutic training background:
- Positive Psychology
- The Power of Intention and Creative Visualization
- Interpersonal psychotherapy (brief therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy for children (including sand tray)
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing to enhance willingness to embrace change
- Food disorders, Substance use and abuse moderation to cessation therapy
- Faith-based counseling techniques