Counseling and Consulting Available Globally
via secure online/video conference room
In Home Counseling Support
No matter where you are in the world – Global Shores Counseling comes to you. All you need to do is email or call, and set up a time to meet through secure video conferencing. Don’t have internet access? We can offer consulting and counseling through phone conferencing as well.
About Julia Loren & co-therapist Koa
Julia Loren offers profound insights and compassionate counseling techniques gained over 20 years of counseling college aged young adults, career professionals, single/separated/divorced/widowed individuals, military couples, school-aged children and families around the world. She is an author as well as a sought after retreat speaker who has facilitated creative, empowering retreats around the world.
She has specific expertise in:
- anxiety and panic attacks;
- women’s spiritual and career (work/life) issues;
- relationship counseling – divorce, separation;
- how your family of origin impacts your present relationships;
- adoption issues;
- ex-pat stressors and work/life issues;
- managing transitions / anxiety;
- war trauma;
- apathy & depression;
- stressors related to singleness and solo living;
- religious transitions, trauma and spiritual abuse.
Julia has a B.A in journalism from the university of Washington and a Masters in Marriage & Family Counseling (Seattle Pacific University). She is a licensed professional mental health counselor in Florida and Washington State and National Board certified. She also offers personal and group retreats, and walk and talk sessions.
Therapeutic modalities used:
- Positive Psychology
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy (brief therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing to enhance willingness to embrace change
- Substance use moderation to cessation therapy
- Spiritual Psychology and Faith-based counseling techniques
About Koa – The Canine Counselor
Koa’s name means brave and fearless in Hawaiian and he certainly is! He is also sweet and loves to give therapy tips and Koa’s quote of the day through his Instagram page. A Portuguese Water dog, Koa was born in August 2021 and is pursuing his canine credentials as a psychiatric service dog focusing on PTSD interventions and in the meanwhile, is the office therapy dog. He joined Global Shores Counseling practice as a valued team member – and occasional disruptive team member. Assisting therapy with children and adults – clients find a little more joy and Aloha (love) when Koa comes on the scene.
Follow Koa on Instagram! #Julia_and_Koa
For information and to schedule an initial consult, please contact Julia directly:
You cannot change your past, but the future awaits your intentional design.